The North Face Canada Men's Diez Parka Black Blue
The North Face Canada Men's 3 In 1 Jackets Black
The North Face Canada Men's Down Parka Brown

L . a . Just as Oscar host Seth MacFarlane set his sights around the wide variety of targets by using a education represent hits and misses, the video academy spread the gold around to somewhat of a varied slate of flicks. "Argo" won best picture obviously, by using two other prizes. But "Life of Pi" won a very awards with four, together with a surprise win for director Ang Lee.Some of the winners were the frontrunners throughout this lengthy awards season: Daniel DayLewis for his deeply immersed portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's epic "Lincoln," best actress Jennifer Lawrence being troubled young widow in "Silver Linings Playbook" and supporting actress Anne hathaway since doomed prostitute Fantine at the musical "Les Miserables." Christoph Waltz was previously a tiny surprise for supporting actor in the form of charismatic fugitive hunter in Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained," an award he'd won just four years ago for Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds."The 22yearold Lawrence, who were able to show her lighter side while in the oddball romance "Silver Linings Playbook" following serious roles in "Winter's Bone" and "The Hunger Games," gamely laughed at herself as she tripped with the stairs en route to occurs with her poufy, pale pink Dior Haute Couture gown. Backstage in the press room, where a reporter asked what she was thinking, she responded: "A bad word that can't declare starts off with 'F.'" Keeping journalists in hysterics, she explained, "I'm sorry. Used to do a trial before I . sorry."That's know about raunchiness MacFarlane himself was in fact targeting towards as host as well as balancing the greater traditional demands inside the job. Had been multitudes of singing and dancing during the threeandhalfhour broadcast no surprise from the musically minded creator of your animated series "Family Guy" including a poignant performance from Barbra Streisand of "The Way We Were," written by the late Marvin Hamlisch, through memorial montage. But MacFarlane also tried to useful humor edgy with shots at Mel Gibson, George Clooney, Chris Brown and Rihanna.A hard bit whereby William Shatner taken back of your future as his "Star Trek" character, Capt. James T. Kirk, had its moments while a joke concerning the drama "Flight" being restaged entirely with sock puppets was the scream. A John Wilkes Booth gag in relationship with "Lincoln" would be a slightly groaner, perhaps intentionally, while MacFarlane trusted his alter ego, the cuddly stuffed bear from his directorial debut "Ted," to brew a crack regarding postOscar orgy at Jack Nicholson's house. (MacFarlane already has indicated he's oneanddone with Oscars hosting.)Nonetheless was DayLewis who developed the version of popculture riffing that's MacFarlane's specialty. In accepting his record third bestactor award from presenter Meryl Streep, he deadpanned that before they'd swapped roles, he originally was set to gamble Margaret Thatcher "and Meryl was Steven's first option for 'Lincoln,' and I want to observed that version."Besides best picture, "Argo" won for Chris Terrio's adapted screenplay and with William Goldenberg's film editing. Affleck famously (and strangely) wasn't a part of the bestdirector category for his thrilling and surprisingly funny depiction of a daring rescue whilst in 1979 Iranian hostage crisis. But because a producer with the film alongside George Clooney and Grant Heslov, she got to take home the top part prize of these night."I i never thought I'd be back here, functions because there are many folks in this type of academy," said Affleck, who shared a screenplay Oscar with pal Matt Damon 25 years earlier for breakout film "Good Will Hunting."Among the wisdom he's acquired consequently: "You can't hold grudges it's hard nevertheless can't hold grudges."Lee, who previously won best director in the year 2006 for "Brokeback Mountain" (this didn't win best picture), was typically lowkey and selfdeprecating in victory. His "Life of Pi" is the fable set in glorious 3D, but Spielberg seemed like the favorite for "Lincoln." The film also won for cinematography, original score and visual effects."Thank you, movie god," the Taiwanese director said on stage. Later, he thanked his agents and said: "I want to do that," with just a tiny shrug coupled with a smile."Les Miserables" also won for sound mixing and makeup and hairstyling. One Oscar for "Django Unchained" came for Tarantino's original screenplay. Asked about his international appeal backstage, Tarantino was enthusiastic usually in saying: "I'm a us, in addition to a filmmaker, nevertheless make movies for those earth."Speaking of world hits, the Bond action thriller "Skyfall" won associated with its original song using the unstoppable Adele (with Paul Epworth). On top of that tied for sound editing with "Zero Dark Thirty," definitely the only win inside the night for Kathryn Bigelow's detailed saga to the search for Osama bin Laden.Associated with the other winners, "Searching for Sugar Man," a couple of forgotten musician's rediscovery, took the prize for the best documentary feature. Pixar's tale "Brave" won best animated feature.Probably the most moments inside the night came near the end, as First Lady Michelle Obama announced the winner of the highest picture prize. Backstage, Affleck described how surreal it actually was whilst heard her repeat the word: "Argo.""I was form of hallucinating when which had been happening," he stated. "In the path of a hallucination it shouldn't seem that odd: 'Oh look, a purple elephant.
'Argo' Wins Best Picture On Oscar Night