Karen Millen DQ297 Signature Stretch Satin Blue Dress
Karen Millen DP275 Lace Print Prom Dress Black Purple
Karen Millen HQ032 Cutwork Blouse White

Durran said conveying that aspect of the character through costume was "important towards the very idea of Anna."
"Joe particularly wanted me to pay attention to the silhouette for each character, the many innovations what he thought was imperative you in your abode one's interpretation."
Durran previously caused Wright and Knightley on "Atonement" and "Pride Prejudice," earning costume design Oscar nods both for period dramas.
Also benefit of control character was showcasing her sensuality and attractiveness, for the film finds Karenina caught between promise to her stern yet devoted husband Alexei Karenin (Jude Law) and passion for my child playboy lover Count Vronsky (Aaron TaylorJohnson).
"It's a similar in this particular (film), really," she added. "You're combining elements and you really are mixing things up; and of course if you might put them near to time costume, they look completely modern, however they receive the spirit of the period."
To best illustrate his vision, Wright encouraged Durran to start a modern flashforward, especially the costumes worn through title character portrayed by Keira Knightley.
"The only costumes which are really a shot to stay accurate of these period are now the Russian peasant costumes; one costumes are usually stylized," Durran said within phone interview from London.
Durran said her style vision for "Anna Karenina" was centred on conveying sensation of elegance, opulence and wealth. That might also explain the combination of huge amounts of money property value Chanel baubles to decorate the luxurious onscreen looks.
Anna Karenina' costume designer puts 1950s twist on 1870s Russian style
For "Atonement," Wright was equally vocal with input on and specifics on the famous silk emeraldgreen dress worn by Knightley within your film.
The onscreen results showcase a number of jawdroppingly lavish dresses befitting Russian aristocracy, having succession of fluid yet fitted floorsweeping gowns.
Yet while taking from decadesold styles for fashionable inspiration, there's a timelessness to your luxe furs, trimmed coats, lace veils, feathered headpieces and asymmetric detailing on dresses that seems quite consistent with contemporary fashion.
"That's issues i took from 50s couture, really, is perhaps you can remove every one of the surface detail and have this really strong silhouette, that is so chic, so accomplished, so sophisticated, whom i kind of felt that was what's a facet of Anna."
"He wanted it to get a very full hem and then a back and also what," Durran said. "Even though many of the elements through the dress are from the, in case you recombine these questions different way, you will not be buying a period dress. As opposed to look completely misplaced.
"There's a mention for the novel precisely how her dress frames her beauty instead it being around the brilliant the dress," she said.
TORONTO Jacqueline Durran painstakingly pored over paintings and photos from the 19th century to cook for designing the elaborate fashions featured with a silver screen in "Anna Karenina."
"I think I kept that in your head much, although it was approximately revealing her beauty more than anything. And she's a truly sexual an associate the film, therefore the a pair of things probably go together."
"Joe's definitely considering that. He's not particularly considering historic recreations," said Durran. "He's fascinated by going for a style and preparing it believably for a period, but making this there for an up to date audience."
"He wanted me to reference 50s couture which provides a very good silhouette and combined that approach when using the 1870s shape," said Durran, who combed throughout the style archives studying pieces from famed labels like Balenciaga, Christian Dior, Jacques Fath and Lanvin.
Nevertheless the costume designer said director Joe Wright had their own carry out interpreting 1870s Russian style for your film adaptation associated with the classic novel and exact fashion replicas with the era weren't chief including.